Saturday, April 30, 2016

Drive North to Russell

From Whangarei we did a day trip to the north to Russell. The scenery on the way was mostly lovely rolling hills like this:




This is what some of the coast looked like:


Near Russell we got out an walked on this boardwalk through the mangroves.


Here's a close-up of the mangroves:


Rusell is a small quaint little town and it was fun to walk around. Here's the harbor:


I had never seen a fig tree but here is one and it is huge. It was planted in the 1800's. 


 Here are some of the gnarly branches. The figs were ripe and a few fell on the sidewalk.


We took the ferry to a town across the bay and had dinner at a Thai restaurant. The next day it was off the the airport and back to Samoa.



1 comment:

  1. Lucy says, "Hi, how are you?" Sam says, "It's very green, I want to go there." Lucy, "I want to go there, too. I miss you Grandma and Grandpa." Sam, "I hope you take more pictures!"

    ReplyDelete